[fab] Non-standard kernels in the Fedora Multiverse

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Wed May 10 16:03:43 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Good point, such anonymous bug report data may be useful after all.  If
> done this way, we'd have to be careful to make sure users don't end up
> thinking the anonymous reports are good enough and stop using bugzilla
> altogether.

I think that what I'm trying to say here is that I think it's time that
we try to stop thinking that the only place we can collect this
information is bugzilla.

A one-to-one relationship between crashes and bugs is high overhead,
anonymous, useless data.  But take data, put it somewhere else and make
it available in a way that's useful and you've just made your lives much
easier.  You learn more about what's going on in the world and you've
just made bugzilla higher signal too - by removing all the data that
should have been somewhere else in the first place.

Bugzilla should be for tasks that real humans have to do, not data that
needs to be collected and processed.

--Chris