[fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon May 15 17:39:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:

> What percentage of R&D spending and maintenance spending goes into FC ?
> What's the outlook for the next couple years ?

That's a good point -- I'd expand it to "how do you see Fedora's role
within Red Hat evolving over the next few years, from an R&D perspective
and also a resource perspective?"

> What kind of commitment to FE infrastructure can we get, in terms of
> - bandwidth
> - Fedora project hosting
> - build systems
> - mailing lists archiving and searching
> - whole repo archiving and distribution ?

I don't think we need to bring this specifically to Matthew.  I see this
along the lines of -- the Board continues to make sure Fedora has the
resources that it needs.  If we don't have those resources, it's up to me
to make the case to get them, and then we do.  We should implement the
things that we thing are worthwhile, and when we run out of space to put
it, then we point to it and say "look at all this good stuff we've done,
give us more resources" and we get them.

> Any inclination on the split Core / Extras ?

Matthew has heard to pitch regarding bridging the gap between Core and
Extras, and he is supportive of the direction that the Board and the
community want to take.  Still, it wouldn't surprise me if this topic came
up to some extent in our call.

> Any new architectures planed (Itanium, SPARC, ...) for FC ?

That's up to fedora-devel and the community.  We can expand to whatever
architectures we are able and willing to support.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://people.redhat.com/mspevack/