[fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at bobjensen.com
Mon May 15 19:28:18 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
>>
>> In the next two weeks the Fedora Unity Project is planning on
>> releasing its first respin for FC5 + Updates. One thing we would like
>> to know as we move forward is can it still be called Fedora? Do we
>> have to call it something else, and just hint as to what it is? Maybe
>> I should bring this to the board first.
>
> Mark is on this list.  We should be able to get his legal viewpoint
> quite easily.
>
> FC5 + Updates is all packages that live under the "Fedora" blessing.
>
> I'd like for us to be able to use the official Fedora logo on it -- if
> we call it Fedora Core 5, Update 1 or something else -- that naming is
> something we can work on.
>
> Effectively, aren't we giving an updated snapshot of FC5 -- the one that
> people would get if the installed FC5 Gold and then ran yum update?  So
> we're saving people time/bandwidth, and they get the same bits.  I want
> to call that Fedora.

I have split this off in to a new topic.

Yes our point of view on this is that it is still Fedora Core just at a
different point in time than the "official/formal" release. We are
adding nothing that does not come from Updates, and we are only using
the tools that are available from Core to produce the result.

--
Robert 'Bob' Jensen
Fedora Unity Project