[fab] Pimping Fluendo for MP3 support

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 17 12:59:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 23:07 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> I think it is telling that debian recently sold out for java.
>
> It seems like fedora is the only truly free distribution left.
>
> I would like it to remain that way.

If we don't put it on the desktop, can we at least put it in some sort
of official FAQ?  Maybe the release notes (god knows nobody reads
those...)

Honestly I liked it as a "looking for mp3 suppor?" link that leads you
to our page that tells users WHY we don't include mp3, and why we feel
they should be using ogg.  List a bunch of ogg resources, etc, etc..
Then at the very very bottom we could have a link out to fluendo.  So
we're taking the opportunity to educate users before handing them the
bottle on which to suck on.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora