[fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed May 17 14:35:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 12:54 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> Christian.Iseli at licr.org wrote:

> > Any inclination on RHAS Extras ?
>
> While I personally would want this, this is outside the scope of Fedora.

Kind of, sort of.

About six weeks ago, we started the discussion of Fedora Extras allowing
for multiple maintainers for packages who could then do multiple
distributions for binary packages.  With that basic idea in place, what
I called "Enterprise Extras" becomes possible.  Repackaging maintainers
(CentOS et al) could become contributors here, and get those packages in
their flavor, just as Red Hat can make them appear for Enterprise Linux.

I haven't had an opportunity to continue pursuing this, and FESCo has
been busy with other stuff.  But if anyone wants to help continue this
idea forward ...

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/