[fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 17 15:22:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 09:56 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> What we do not have are branches for RHEL and buildsystem infrastructure
> to generate these packages for RHEL. We don't know if the Fedora
> community will see value in managing RHEL branches as well as Fedora
> branches, given that they may not be using RHEL. It will certainly be
> more difficult for independent packagers to test RHEL builds locally,
> since we are not distributing the binaries for RHEL.

Not to mention that RHEL packages have such things as stability,
backported security fixes, etc..  things that Extras packages and
maintainers don't really worry about now.  Not to mention a 7 year
lifespan.  I really doubt you're going to find an Extras maintainer who
would like to volunteer to maintain a piece of software for 7 years.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora