[fab] discussion topics for red hat ceo

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Wed May 17 16:48:27 UTC 2006

> Not to mention that RHEL packages have such things as stability,
> backported security fixes, etc..  things that Extras packages and
> maintainers don't really worry about now.  Not to mention a 7 year
> lifespan.  I really doubt you're going to find an Extras maintainer who
> would like to volunteer to maintain a piece of software for 7 years.

I think we should keep the packages moving forward like we currently
do for Fedora Extras, but only base the packages ontop of RHEL versus
Fedora Core. Though you are right, having RHEL binary packages not
available to most maintainers does have quite a few implications.

Maybe if the buildsystem would also contain RHEL bits, the porting
work over ontop of RHEL would be working ok.

regards,

Florian La Roche