[fab] State of Fedora (a long email)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 6 20:31:14 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram schrieb:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> Well, this list is invitation only,
> Others do send mails to this list. It is moderated.

Didn't know that. And it seems that fact is not documented in the wiki
or the list's front-page.

>> fedora-devel is much to noisy. I'm
>> *wondering* if we should have some kind of "fedora-project-discussions"
>> mailinglist, where any member of cla_done in the accounts system can
>> participate (or even all? maybe moderated?).
> Fedora maintainers was supposed to be something like that.

And it failed. So let's admit that and change something
(fedora-maintainers has quite a bad fame now already, so changing its
behaviour will probably not help much).

are two different things.

> I dont think
> creating more mailing lists is the answer here.

I want a general mailing list cleanup of what has grown in the past
years -- get rid of some old cruft here and there. I think the
end-result could be two or three lists less and a better communication
experience for everyone.

> [...]

CU
thl