FESCo future

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 27 18:21:44 UTC 2006

Greg Dekoenigsberg schrieb:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Why not send that signal through an open election?
>> I think that's not enough for now as we did quite bad with setting the
>> sign "we seriously want the community involved in Fedora" in the past years.
> Then, imho, we've got the same problem in reverse.  Saying that "50% of
> the F-star board is guaranteed to be non-RH" is every bit as bad as saying
> that "50% of the F-star board is guaranteed to be RH."

Sure. I'm fine with that.

Anyway, it seems more and more people come out of their holes that don't
like the "50% for the community" idea and only a small number of people
back it. So maybe let's forget about it, it was just and idea.
Forgetting about it IMHO is acceptable as long as both the community and
RH still have each one representative that can veto something (and thus
moe the decision to the board).

CU
thl