late-March/late-October (was Re: [fab] looking at our surrent state a bit)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 5 18:25:58 UTC 2006

While looking of this again I noticed a detail that confused me slightly:

Karsten Wade schrieb:
> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 12:52 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> On Friday 03 November 2006 12:40, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>>> Late march only once. I asked after FC5 on fedora-devel if we would
>>> stick to "late march and late September" in the future again (+ some
>>> delays if needed) and the answer was "no".
>>>
>>> But if we get our release to "round about late march and late September"
>>> in the future I'd be very glad.
>> It's something we shoot for, but flexibility is necessary for what we do.
> Looking at the trending from Thorsten's list:
> FC1 -- 5 November 2003  - General Availability
> FC2 -- 18 May 2004 - General Availability
> FC3 -- 8 November 2004 - General Availability
> FC4 -- 13 June 2005 - General Availability
> FC5 -- 20 March 2006 - General Availability
> FC6 -- 24 October 2006 - General Availability
>
> The nine months for FC5 brought the schedule back into the
> late-March/late-October flow again. [...]

Why do you (and Jesse once in this thread, too) refer to
"late-March/late-October"? That should be "late-March/late-September"
(GNOME releases mid-March and mid-September) or
"late-April/late-October" afaics (or something in between). Note, there
are seven months between March and October, but only five between
October and March...

CU
thl