[fab] Idea:T-Shirts at Fedora Events...

Tim Burke tburke at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 16:30:10 UTC 2006

While this concept looks great on paper... a "reality factor"
consideration comes to mind.  While I claim to know next-to-nothing on
this topic authoritatively, I'm wondering.... remember we embarked down
the road of making the Fedora Foundation a non-profit.  That turned out
to be a colossal beaurocratic hastle.. so much so that we considered it
more bother than its worth.  (Not just on the setup, but ongoing
stuff).  My concern is whether there is legal/accounting Pandora's Box
here in terms of taking in money of any form.  For example even if all
the incoming money was either given to charity or into shirt costs... to
the extent that the FF is RH, who would do all the accounting/legal
required bookeeping/tax filing, etc...