FESCo future

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 17:33:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

>> Why not send that signal through an open election?
>
> I think that's not enough for now as we did quite bad with setting the
> sign "we seriously want the community involved in Fedora" in the past years.

Then, imho, we've got the same problem in reverse.  Saying that "50% of
the F-star board is guaranteed to be non-RH" is every bit as bad as saying
that "50% of the F-star board is guaranteed to be RH."

The people who do the work of building packages for Fedora decide what the
governance of F-star is.  Full stop.

We shouldn't try to address problems of perception by making arbitrary
decisions in the present.  We should decide what is right, and do it.

--g