FESCo future

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 18:53:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, seth vidal wrote:

> how hard would it be for a executive at rh to tell all the RH members of
> whatever committee:
>  - you will vote this way, you are not allowed to tell anyone why, and
> if you quit you're still bound by the NDA.

Harder than you think, Seth, especially with the track history of relative
success that Fedora has generated.

I know where you're coming from, dude.  I really do.  But if RH tries to
pull that, it won't go well.  Why?  Because RH is comprised of *people*
who actually *give a shit* about this stuff.

And besides, if a Red Hat executive goes for the nuclear option, Fedora
will soon have all of the tools necessary to jettison itself, Redhatters
or no Redhatters, NDAs or no NDAs.

--g