[fab] kernel modules

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 21:09:20 UTC 2006

In real time, the Board is discussing this right now.

Key points:

1) The Board thinks kernel modules are a fine thing to support.

2) The Board recognizes that it will be a headache for folks like davej,
and is sensitive to minimizing that headache, but voting "no" just for
that reason isn't sufficient.

3) The Board thinks this is an organizational decision rather than a
technical one.  Meaning that we're saying +1, but we're not going to
mandate certain answers to the technical questions one way or another.

Those decisions are best made at a more hands-on level.

Any questions?  :-)

--Max

--
Max Spevack