[fab] kernel modules

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 19:59:28 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 15:39, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> We'll learn as we go, and maybe we'll decide that it totally sucks.
> (Failure needs to be OK, IMHO.  If we're not failing we're not trying.)
>   Or maybe we'll learn that we need to change the way the package system
> works for the kernel.  But right now we can't even figure that out
> because we're not even willing to try.

We've tried it internally with the gfs modules.  The modules were maintained
internally with full access to the kernel developers and the build system and
all that, and it was _still_ a disaster.  An utter failure IMHO.  I'm not
really interested in trying the same thing over and over expecting different
results.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora