[fab] kernel modules

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Sep 20 20:18:14 UTC 2006

> mainstream use.  If it were, it'd be in the upstream kernel sources.  I
> firmly stand by if it isn't ready for upstream, it isn't ready for our
> userbase.

Then why are squashfs or xen carried in the Fedora kernel[1]?  Oh,
that's right.  Because someone takes time to make them compile on a
daily basis.  Exactly the thing you're ranting against.

josh

[1] Yes, I know xen has a motivation for upstream.  Squashfs is rumored
to as well.  That doesn't change the fact that neither are upstream and
your "if it isn't ready for upstream.." comment just pissed me off.
Feel free to ignore this rant now that you've theoretically read it.