[fab] Alternative kernels?

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Fri Sep 22 06:10:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 14:48 -0400, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> I'm happy to enable there to be > 1 kernel, but it's hard because of the
> way that our packaging systems work.  We're doing this right now for
> OLPC, based on David and Marcelo's work, but I'm not sure what the
> mechanism is to make sure that the OLPC kernel always wins.

It's ugly. Basically exclude=kernel for the yum configuration file for
the FC repo. That'll break nicely when fedora-release is updated, but
then again, one rule for derived distros is that they should provide
their own mydistro-release that Provides:fedora-release. Ie. they need
to provide their own yum configuration files. Hardly optimal.

    David