LWN headline: Blame Fedora = High Praise

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Thu Apr 12 15:51:58 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 22:18 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > A good read, thanks,
>
> Note the implied "call to action" for Fedora to *do* something about
> people not understanding what we are about.
>
> I'll bounce this article to f-marketing-l and we can take up the
> discussion of that challenge over there.

You might also discuss the new announcement that the next ubuntu
release will have a Libre version. Again, I know direct confrontations
aren't fun, but Fedora should at least consider publicly asking 'what
took you so long?' and 'why isn't the main distro free?' instead of
allowing Mark to take credit for what he should have been doing all
along.

Luis