RFC: Release team meetings

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 17:37:56 UTC 2007

On Friday 13 April 2007 12:11:20 Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> But the community and Red Hat employees didn't interact to well when
> Fedora was started years ago (they in fact didn't interact much more
> than in the RHL days when Fedora was young [say up to FC3/FC$]).

This is another case.  You make it seem like those that work on Fedora
interacted very well with other parts of Red Hat all along and that's just
_not_ the case.  In fact, in many cases, the non-Red Hat community members
knew more about whats going on in Fedora than on Red Hat employed community
members.  Where we suck at communication, we suck across the board, whether
you work for Red Hat or not.  Pitching the problem as a Red Hat vs the rest
of the world doesn't do any good what so ever.  The real problem is getting
those that are deeply ingrained in the Fedora work (whether you work for RH
or not) to communicate better (2 way street!) with those that are not so
deeply ingrained (whether that's inside Red Hat or not).

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora