RFC: Release team meetings

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Apr 16 15:16:00 UTC 2007

BN> Background: we'd like to start having weekly meetings to discuss
BN> the state of the release, potential slips, etc.

I know this isn't the right channel, but at this point I'm not sure
that the proper channel has even be decided.  I just want to ask if it
would be appropriate for release team to consider the whole cdrkit
mash-up and if so if they could please do that as soon as possible.

For background, cdrkit replaces (i.d. Obsoletes: and Provides:) the
old CD-writing stack, but cdrkit is in extras and the old stack is in
Core and seems to still be receiving updates.  So one needs to go or
users feel pain.  I reviewed cdrkit originally and asked people and
found that the old stack was slated for deletion, but that never
happened.

 - J<