fedora board election results

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 18:42:00 UTC 2007

I know it wasn't the most exciting election in the world, since we only
had 1 elected seat open this time, but congrats to Matt Domsch, who was
re-elected, followed closely by Mike McGrath, Tom Callaway, and Stephen
Smoogen.

Thanks to all who ran.  We will work to get the election terms more
balanced out, so that future elections will both put up 2 seats at a
time, rather than 3 and 1.

On the "appointed" side, we are pleased to announce that Bill Nottigham
has renewed his seat for another term, and that Bob McWhirter, the JBoss
community manager, has accepted a seat on the Fedora Board that
previously belonged to Chris Blizzard.  Given the work going on with
open JDK and Iced Tea, we thought it would be interesting to put the
JBoss community leader on the Fedora Board, and at least set the stage
for some better collaboration in the coming year.

I'll be updating the appropriate pages on the Fedora wiki shortly.

Thanks,
Max