[Fwd: Fedora & openSUSE meeting / cooperation ?]

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 15:24:28 UTC 2007

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hello fedora people :)
>
> Well I'm forwarding this mail to this mailing list, in search for
> concrete opinions about cooperation between fedora and opensuse from
> the Fedora Engineering Team or Fedora Ambassadors.
>
> Suggestions are welcome, however flame wars aren't :)
>
> I've already accepted at least the meeting :)
>
> regards,
> Chitlesh Goorah

The build service isn't particularly interesting, mostly because the
model we're moving towards is to move as much outside of the firewall as
much as possible.  It's kind of odd, actually, any time I run into any
of the suse folks, all they want to talk about is the build service.
Not a lot of value there, imho?

Re: a customer hardware database, that's kind of a misnomer.  In our
case, it's not customers, it's a community-driven hardware database that
should be used to figure out if something is well supported.  We've only
started that path and have a long way to go.  If the conversation with
the opensuse folks want to discuss, that's fine.  The more information
we have (as long as it's tied to the software versions being used!) the
better.

--Chris