kqemu is now GPLv2

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 19:35:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 02:07:41PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 13:57, Thomas Chung wrote:
> > Good news.
> > Fabrice Bellard, the creator of qemu is now releasing kqemu under GPLv2.
> > Previously it was released with propriety license.
> > http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/kqemu-changelog.html
> > Cheers!
>
> Good, now he can get it upstream so that I won't feel like punching kittens
> when somebody asks why we don't ship it in Fedora.

Fabrice did give an ok to package the old kqemu for Fedora, just didn't want
to see it offered for Red Hat's enterprise offerings. The Fedora rules about
what licenses we ship as been the barrier for inclusion.

Very nice to see the kqemu module GPL and see how further steps with
virtualization can be done for qemu in the future.

regards,

Florian La Roche