kqemu is now GPLv2

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Thu Feb 8 09:50:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, February 7, 2007 5:19 pm, Jason L Tibbitts III said:
> Think about driver disks.  I have CentOS machines which will have no
> disks at all after a reboot to a new kernel due to lack of RAID
> controller drivers (Areca, specifically).

Well but the thing is: Without the drivers you would not be able to use
the system at all and I guess if they happen to brake it is easier to
stick with the old working kernel till drivers are fixed then to do
nothing. Sure I am aware of the security implications this might have but
then again using external modules is not something we endorse and people
should be warned about also in a security sense.

- Andreas
--
Andreas Bierfert               | http://awbsworld.de     | GPG: C58CF1CB
andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de | http://lowlatency.de    | signed/encrypted