Extending FC5 lifecycle?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:32:49 UTC 2007

I've provided some Docs editorial magic below...

Extending the life cycle of Fedora releases

As proposed earlier at the Fedora Summit [1], the Fedora Project has
decided to extend the life cycle of Fedora releases.  Previously, every
release of Fedora reached its end of life (EOL) after the test2 phase of
the second following release (FCn+2 test2), or approximately 9 months.
For example, Fedora Core 5 was due to reach EOL when Fedora 7 test2 was
released.  We have now extended this cycle such that every release of
Fedora is maintained for a month after final release of the second
following release.

This means end users of Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 will now receive
updates until a month after the release of Fedora 7 and 8, respectively.
This schedule allows end users the ability to optionally skip every
other release, and directly upgrade from Fedora N to Fedora N+2.

More details are available in the FAQ [2].

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraSummit/ReleaseProcess
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ