why I'm using Ubuntu instead of Fedora ATM

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Wed Jan 3 18:06:57 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, Max Spevack <max at spevack.org> wrote:
> I think that the Fedora messaging that I see coming from the Board-level
> types, as well as myself, is very honest about the realities of the
> Fedora-RHEL relationship.  I try very hard to make sure that when we talk
> about Fedora, we are the least BS or corporate-speak people around.
>
> But I prefer to acknowledge those things and then talk about how we want
> it to change.
>
> A year ago at this time the "how we want it to change" part was all
> vaporware.  Now it's a partial reality, more each day.  Look at pungi, the
> livecd, the build system/fedora 7 goals.  So I think we're on the right
> track.

The direction Fedora is heading in is about as good as can possibly be
imagined right now, as far as I can see. I can't speak more highly
about what you guys have done and appear to be doing there. That is
the only reason I'm even bothering to be on f-a-b.

I'm not so positive about the messaging; not everyone is as careful as
you are, Max. And even when it is careful, it seems like it isn't
getting picked up by the conventional wisdom- I'm not sure I have good
advice on that last part, I'm afraid.

Luis