Fedora Board meeting, 2007-01-16, 10AM EST

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Jan 16 07:34:51 UTC 2007

On 15.01.2007 22:57, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> (on behalf of Max)
> The Fedora Board will be having a meeting tomorrow, January 16th,
> 10AM EST.
> Currently scheduled to be discussed:
> - FESCo successor proposal from FESCo
> - other issues as they warrant

- was the naming issue "Fedora Desktop Spin"
(with Gnome) vs. "Fedora KDE" ever discussed by the Board? Could it do
that in todays meeting please? (¹)

- I'd like to have some advice (not a final decision, as that depends on
further investigation by mmcgrath) from the Board regarding the proposed
move of the mailing lists to our own servers.

CU
thl

(¹) -- side note: I was against calling it "Fedora Desktop Spin" in the
beginning, but I now tend a bit to "Lets call it Fedora Desktop Spin and
put in the best software (firefox, Openoffice) around the Gnome desktop.
At the same time *clearly communicate* that we call that Spin 'Fedora
Desktop' to leave the way open for a real 'Fedora Gnome' spin, that
focuses around Gnome-Software (epiphany, Gnome-Office)". The *clearly
communicate* IMHO is important.