names for the fesco successor (was: Re: how to govern and manage the new combined repository (second proposal from thl))

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Jan 13 17:30:37 UTC 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis schrieb:
>> Quoting Bill from:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-January/msg00091.html
>>
>>> What's left of the Core Steering Committee
>>> is going to work with the Fedora Board and FESCO to figure out just
>>> how this new combined repository is going to be governed and managed.
>> Yeah, that becomes more an more urgent afaics. The idea was raised to
>> sort this out in a special IRC-meeting and/or conference call with
>> people from the Core Cabal, FESCo and the Board. [...]
> Here is my second proposal:
> New proposal, again with a small graphic attached: [...]

So, what's still mostly undecided is the name for the FESCo/Core Cabal
and Packaging Committee successor. Suggested in the last days were afaik:

FTC -- Fedora Technical Committee [1]¹
FTT -- Fedora Technical Team [2]
FET -- Fedora Engineering Team [3]
FEDCo -- Fedora Distribution Committee [4]

Has anybody any better ideas?

Cu
thl

[1] -- name clash with Federal Trade Commission. Really bad IMHO.
39 meanings in total on
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=FTC&Find=find&string=exact

[2] -- "Failure to thrive (FTT) refers to a baby or child that is not
developing as well as desired." 12 meanings in total on
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=FTT&Find=find&string=exact

[3] -- "Field-Effect Transistor" 24 meanings in total on
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=FET&Find=find&string=exact

[4] -- "Federal Employees Distributing Company (Co-Op)" 2 meanings on
http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=FEDCo&Find=find&string=exact

¹ -- jwb, fyi, it seems my keyboard generates those nice UTF-8
superscript numbers only up to 3 -- after that it starts with ¼ :-(