The Multimedia Question

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:36:58 UTC 2007

On 7/20/07, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm fairly certain we *DON'T* want to do this, even if we do start pointing
> to a non-US repo.

Or to generalize it.  How can we acknowledge the derivative work going
on outside the main cvs repository as being part of a larger body of
Fedora contributor effort, but still be distinctly identifiable as
derivative?

I very much like the fact that Dell's firmware updater livecd is
derived from Fedora. I'd like there to be a clear way for the creators
of that CD to choose to express that the work was made possible in
large part to the work Fedora is doing and to give credit back to the
community. I would like for us to be able to clearly point to that cd
as a derived work, as a secondary product of our efforts, to show off
what our open infrastructure makes possible and to inspire more people
to look at using our infrastructure for maximal benefit.  How do we do
that without letting derived works with bits outside of our cvs use
the Fedora mark?

-jef