The Multimedia Question

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Fri Jul 20 17:55:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 20:54 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> Some simple math: there are dozens of volunteers on this list alone,
> and hundreds who have thought about this problem across the various
> projects involved. There is exactly one lawyer at Red Hat who can
> answer your questions, and he's possibly the busiest person in the
> entire department. So it behooves you to use as much volunteer time as
> possible, and as little lawyer time as possible. You guys are not
> lawyers, but you are smart. Brainstorm, research a bit, try to cover
> all the bases and communicate it with both depth and succinctness.

Personally, I think this is a bad idea, because no matter what any one
of us comes up with, and it could take countless hours of work, could
essentially amount to nothing in the end based on what the legal truth
is.

Instead of leaving chickens to peck around in the dust and not know what
we are doing, we just need to ask counsel and get an answer--point
blank.

It's not that I think you're wrong Luis, your intentions are in the
right place.  But I feel like we would waste so much time and energy
looking this up and possibly come up with the wrong outcome.

Jack