Re: Fedora Board Recap 2007-JUL-10

On 7/13/07, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva redhat com> wrote:
New builds that change licensing terms should check any library
dependencies for license incompatibility.  E.g., a GPLv2 program must
not depend on a GPLv3+ or LGPLv3+ library, and a GPLv3+ program must
not depend on a GPLv2 library.  (not sure about GPLv3+ / LGPLv2
compatibility, I haven't thought much about it, and IANAL :-)

I'm very wary at attempting to rely the licensing tag in spec files
for any automation like this out of the gate. There are packages which
include multiple pieces of code under different licenses and of course
packages with code under multiple licenses. These situations aren't
codified in the licensing tag.

-jef