Mailing list reorganization summer 07, round 1

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 19:43:18 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:

>> === Other adjustments ===
>> Short term: create a alias @lists.fedoraproject.org under which the
>> current and all the new lists are accessible.
>>

> Need mmcgrath to comment on feasibility here.  Mike?

This should be near done.  I'm waiting from some more info from Red
Hat's guys on actual IP information.  AFAIK though the lists are ready
and waiting for @fedoraproject.org lists.  Note: this does create more
work for our team on new list creation because we'll have to create an
alias in our systems for the new list.  This could cause delay for some
new lists.

>> == Details how to achieve that end-goal ==
>> Some lists get renamed
>> (http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#4.70 ; users thus
>> don't have to care about re-subscribing) and some get closed, with the
>> old users invited (not subscribed) to another list.
>>

> In the past, there has been resistance to doing list renames like this.
> Perhaps that's changed, but it needs investigating.  Mike -- let me know
> if you want me to check into this

I'm not familiar with the history of this so if you get a moment I'd
appreciate it.

    -Mike