Re: The Multimedia Question

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:28:28 -0400
Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram fedoraproject org) said:
Sure. We are going to ask legal anyway but the question is how can
we call something Fedora if it's not in our CVS which is not a
legal question and that is what I was responding to.
I'm fairly certain we *DON'T* want to do this, even if we do start
pointing to a non-US repo.

Indeed.  We've been down the path of multiple SCMs and multiple build
systems and multiple repos.  We've all discovered that it just doesn't
work well in the long run.

If we are going to point to a non-US repo, that repository would have it's own build system and SCM managed by Fedora contributors anyway and users would be dealing with that. Question is only about how close do we want it to be associated with Fedora and messaging it as a Fedora repository vs third party repository depending on technical and legal ramifications.

Rahul