Target market?

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:27:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 7/24/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
<snip>
> So why don't you introduce yourself?
>
> Rahul

Sure,

I'm Yaakov Nemoy; I've been using computers since I was 8 or 9, and
was introduced to Debian at 17.  I'm 23 now, and about to go back to
school to get a degree in Germanics and Linguistics.

I've always been fascinated by cool desktop ideas, and watching how
people interact with technology.  Over the past couple of years, I've
been making a list of ideas I would love to see implemented in the
computer world, many of them based off watching my non technical
friends getting frustrated with their computers, or not being able to
find every feature available to them.

My work history is pretty short.  I've been working with Red Hat on an
internship for the past two months, spent six months working in a
office supplies store, working as a print broker, worked for six
months in Germany, for Krones AG bug fixing and extending their
internal web applications, and before that I was in school.

For anyone that's interested, I'm the oldest of 8 children,
left-handed, and a 10th generation first born male.  Everyone calls me
"Yankee".  I enjoy mountain biking, and flying kites when it's windy.
Dinosaurs knocking tall buildings over are pretty cool.

For the sake of honesty, I used Fedora for two months, and then had to
switch back to Debian.

And now back to work.

Cheers,
Yaakov