Target market?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 24 16:42:39 UTC 2007

Jonathan Blandford wrote:

> That's what we try to do right now.  I am pretty much coming to the
> conclusion that "High Polish" can't really be done as an add-on.  You
> need the ability to make the whole distro change (eg, what ubuntu does
> to debian).  If we want Fedora to be a competitive desktop, we need to
> make Fedora a desktop.

IMO, that is indeed the only way for us to go. If we aren't going to
increase the amount of time we provide updates for any release, servers
wouldn't be a appropriate target market for the most part.

Desktop is what most end users are going to use Fedora for and this is
indeed where our focus should be. We should also continue expanding on
the goal of being a good upstream for other folks who are basing their
efforts on Fedora, be it RHEL, OLPC or Fedora on ARM devices.

Rahul