Re: Fedora Social Contract

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 10:28:57AM -0400, Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> If i'm Joe Skeptic though, what guarantee is there that I'm really
> helping the community, and not Red Hat?

You're helping both, that's the idea behind Fedora. It's a fruitful
symbiosis of community and business interests.

Even if you split up some items that are more valuable to RH vs
community, as long as both parties have a benefit increasing Fedora's
value for the other party just ensures that there is even more
investment done in total.

Sure, there will always be priorities and maybe even conflicting goals
(like community wanting multimedia vs RH wanting to not get into US
patent courts), but that's true of every healthy partnership.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net