Vendor and Packager for merged Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 13:20:29 UTC 2007

Vendor and Packager tags in the rpms that are currently in Core have:

Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>

and during build, _host is set to <arch>-redhat-linux

Extras has:

Vendor: Fedora Project
Packager    : Fedora Project <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>

and I'm not sure what _host is set to during build.

These are all things configurable with Koji.  In the merged world, does
anybody have objections to using what Extras does now for Vendor and
Packager?

I'm not sure what all _host is uses for, but I know there are some package (I
think mozilla/firefox) that care about it, and I'm reluctant to change what
it is set for internally right now.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora