Simplify: Update or Remove Content

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 04:02:39 UTC 2007

Max Spevack wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> In this case, we should wipe out this content and insert redirects
>> and references to upstream resources where necessary.  Does anyone
>> want to clean this up?
>
> Removing stale and old content from the wiki is a mammoth job, and
> also one that is quite tedious.  Seems like it definitely needs
> automation.
> Some moin moin instances that I've seen have an "AbandonedPages"
> option, that shows you which pages have gone the longest without being
> edited. Ours doesn't have that by default under /wiki/SiteNavigation
> -- possibly because of the size of the wiki?
>
> I would say that if someone on our infrastructure team can pipe
> together some commands to show us the top 500 wiki pages that either
> have gone the longest without being edited or being looked at, that
> would be an interesting starting point.
Here's the script for last edited.  It should work... seriously -

wget -qO- 'http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/?action=sitemap' | grep
"loc\|lastmod"  | sed -e 's/^ *//g' | sed '/<\/loc.*/
{N;s/<\/loc.*\n<lastmod>/ /}' | sed -e 's/\r//g' | sed -e :a -e
's/<[^>]*>//g;/</N;//ba' | awk '{ print $2,$1 }' | sort -r | awk '{
print $2 }' | tail -n500

Buhhhhh.

    -Mike