Fedora code of conduct

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 15:16:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Mike McGrath wrote:

> A code of conduct shows a lack of respect for the community' autonomy.
> I think it ain't broke, lets not fix it.  We've got far better things
> that need documenting.

I agree with the general sentiment of Mike and the others who said "not
right now".  And I would add that hopefully never.  I think it's a bit
patronizing.  This isn't summer camp.  We don't need to write down the
school rules before we start playing.  People should know what acceptable
behavior is and isn't by the time they start contributing to Fedora.

--Max