Must Have for Fedora 7

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Thu Mar 15 12:44:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 02:02 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> So I didn't see anything like this on the wiki, but it seems like a
> reasonable enough page to mash together out of all the other project
> management type pages -- a "must have" page that enumerates the items that
> Fedora 7 simply cannot ship without.
>
> I ask you all to review it and comment.  Keep in mind that it's an initial
> draft that I did at 1:30 in the morning, so I may have forgotten something
> blatantly obvious or have other large errors.  Once we're happy, I'm going
> to make sure that Red Hat internal engineering all knows about it also.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/7/MustHave

The first part should probably read:

"Fedora Core and Fedora Extras must be merged into a single source
control system and use a single buildsystem, creating a new package set
that carries the already overloaded name Fedora."

Also, I would move the buildsystem parts from the "Ability to spin a
custom..." section to the "Merge Core and Extras" section.  Spinning a
custom distro/LiveCD is done with already built packages and the
buildsys is really needed as part of the merge.

Pilgrim is now called "livecd-utils".

You can put my name next to yours as a guinea pig for the custom spin
stuff.

The LiveCDs are installable.  I don't think we need a separate install
iso outside of those for Gnome and KDE.

josh