Simplify: Update or Remove Content

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 19:49:18 UTC 2007

I'm finding our Wiki to be increasingly a disaster.  Part of this is due
to stale and unnecessary content.  Too much of this creates a
distraction from important content, which only adds to the confusion.

Example:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RenderingProject

Sections like this are problematic.

- Participants and drivers of the project do not write or update the
pages.  Thus they are stale, and will remain stale forever.
- They might (rightly) say this doesn't belong in the Fedora Wiki.  This
information belongs upstream.  The work here happens in places like
Xorg, Freedesktop.org and GNOME.
- This being upstream issues, this is not a "Fedora Rendering Project".

In this case, we should wipe out this content and insert redirects and
references to upstream resources where necessary.  Does anyone want to
clean this up?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Education
In a general case, we should identify other pages that claim to be
"Projects" and wipe them away in order to reduce the confusing noise.
This page was one example of completely stale and useless content, not
representative of reality.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com