Simplify: Update or Remove Content

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 19:58:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Warren Togami wrote:

> In this case, we should wipe out this content and insert redirects and
> references to upstream resources where necessary.  Does anyone want to
> clean this up?

Removing stale and old content from the wiki is a mammoth job, and also
one that is quite tedious.  Seems like it definitely needs automation.

Some moin moin instances that I've seen have an "AbandonedPages" option,
that shows you which pages have gone the longest without being edited.
Ours doesn't have that by default under /wiki/SiteNavigation -- possibly
because of the size of the wiki?

I would say that if someone on our infrastructure team can pipe together
some commands to show us the top 500 wiki pages that either have gone the
longest without being edited or being looked at, that would be an
interesting starting point.

my .02

--Max