Fedora code of conduct

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 01:38:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 03:16:36PM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
 > On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 06:45 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
 > > Hi
 > >
 > > The recent Gentoo mailing lists flamewar[1] leading to developers
 > > quitting and subsequent adoption of a code of conduct[2], it might be
 > > useful for us to proactively put in a code of conduct for all of Fedora
 > > mandatory for all the contributors and for users as well as a prominent
 > > note for all the mailing lists subscribers and possibly other means. We
 > > haven't had major issues such as these but as well as scale to more
 > > contributors it would good to have a mechanism like this and enforce
 > > that. Comments?
 >
 > Honestly, I'd rather deal with that when we need to, and not before.

Indeed.  In light of the recent "debian has become a quagmire of process"
revelations, I hope that Fedora doesn't follow suit.  We _already_ have
some people complaining that the barrier for entry for becoming a Fedora
developer is too high. Adding more obstacles seems to be solving a non-problem.

Just because one community distro is doing something doesn't mean we have to do it too.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk