[Fwd: Re: Fedora free software?]

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 21 01:49:35 UTC 2007

> what chipsets/systems work out of the box in Fedora with full 3D
> acceleration which translates mainly to the ones with Intel chipsets.

Um, no it doesn't.  I have an ATI card in this laptop that has 3D
acceleration support in the open source radeon driver.  There are
actually lots of cards that are supported by that.  And noveau (or
however it's spelled) is heading down that path for NVidia.

No offense, but don't discredit the excellent developers that get 3D
accel working on cards that completely lack any documentation by
simplifying it the situation to "buy Intel".

josh