Fedora code of conduct

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Wed Mar 21 02:46:04 UTC 2007

> Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > Packaging guidelines exist because we need consistency in our OS, as is
> > evident from our core reviews.  It's also a technical matter.
>
> How about mailing list guidelines? They aren't technical. A code of
> conduct is not that far from having mailing list guidelines you know.
>
> > A code of conduct will not fix this.  We may be able to cut down on
> > specific things like vulgar language but people will always have beliefs
> > and express them.
>
> I dont have a problem with people expressing their belief's. If you
> agree that it will cut down on specific things like vulgar language
> that's exactly what I am aiming to solve.

My belief is that vulgar language is an invention of prurient
busybodies.

Or better yet:
 I'm offended by any references to eating meat, driving cars, closed
source software and ALL religions.

Make sure none of those things ever come up, especially not in personal
sigs and never in conversation.

and when you're done with that I'll find something else ridiculous to be
offended by and go around yelling that you should change the code of
conduct to encompass that, too.

Seth 'Reductio ad absurdium' Vidal
-sv