[Fwd: Re: Fedora free software?]

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Wed Mar 21 03:37:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:15:52PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> We aren't even a blip on the radar of these companies wrt sales compared
> to the unit volume they shift on that other OS.
> If the Linux community as a whole moves to a different vendor du jour,
> it barely affects their bottom line.

We're a blip, but if even all of the 100k votes on the
dellideastorm.com site in the last few weeks for Linux systems bought
two a year, that'd be <1% of the Windows volume.  Doesn't mean we
shouldn't try, but it is an uphill battle.

I agree with our stance of 100% Free drivers, and our limited
exception for binary firmware.

-Matt