[Fwd: Re: Fedora free software?]

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 21 07:08:33 UTC 2007

On 21.03.2007 07:47, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> What if Fedora were to split the non-Free firmware into a separate
> repository and separate bootable media [...]

My take: split firmware files into separate packages (the kernel
includes a lot currently IIRC) as a middle-term goal to make a
"firmware-less Fedora spin" easily possible.

Maybe we then later can do a separate repository and separate bootable
media as next step in the long term. But I'd say we revisit that idea
when things got split and the kernel/its initial-ramdisk/all our other
tools have support for firmwares found in separate packages.

CU
thl