Lessons Learned

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Wed Mar 21 12:14:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:35:56 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > FESCo fails to define its field of activity. The moved Wiki pages for the
> > new FESCo don't add any description,
>
> The thing important for me is: it seems the pages were simply moved,
> without asking the public or FESCo for opinions first. Yes, the topic
> was discussed once in the public some weeks earlier (without a real
> outcome), but now it was simply done afaics, without even discussing
> FESCo first. Was such a hectic really necessary?

1) Having to search for the old Fedora Extras main page was "Very Funny"(TM).
Apparently it's now called Fedora Packaging on the index. It's getting
confusing.

2) The rename was incomplete in that everybody who is subscribed to the
old page names, now has to update the Wiki preferences. E.g. presently
I'm still subscribed to pages, which don't exist anymore because they have
been moved somewhere.