Lessons Learned

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Mar 22 08:14:36 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:34:10 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > 1) Having to search for the old Fedora Extras main page was "Very Funny"(TM).
> > Apparently it's now called Fedora Packaging on the index. It's getting
> > confusing.
> >
> > 2) The rename was incomplete in that everybody who is subscribed to the
> > old page names, now has to update the Wiki preferences. E.g. presently
> > I'm still subscribed to pages, which don't exist anymore because they have
> > been moved somewhere.
>
> Every single page renamed has already had redirects setup. So you dont
> have to search for anything. I already send a announcement to
> fedora-maintainers list about this describing what has been done explicitly.

My personal subscriptions have not been changed to point to the moved
pages. Updating them is a manual process, apparently. I've missed
notifications about changes to one page till the person mailed me
privately to ask about progress.

I'm sure this was just an oversight in the reorganisation of the Wiki
structure. But it should be allowed to point out that it caused trouble
for some of us, and I'm certain it is not just me who is still not
subscribed to the right pages again.