What do we think of this?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 15:04:45 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 10:53:36 Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> For other distros, do they mix free/non-free in the same repo?  And for
> the ones that do not do this -- for the ones who have separate
> free/non-free repos -- how do they manage to keep content in sync between
> them?

Danger Will, mixing terms.

They have "non-free" as in not open source in different repos, but "non-free"
as in "against US law" while it is still opensource may not be in a different
repo.  That said, even if the non-free stuff is in a different repo, they
still maintain that repo and can coordinate the deps across and such.  Fedora
by nature makes it so that the non-free stuff has to exist outside the Fedora
umbrella where we have no control over the repo and no good integration.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora